Friday, March 7, 2008

Temple 2008

Here is the site for this years Temple. I had such an amazing experience last year. We lost two important family members (Rob's Grandpa D.O. and his Grandma Katherine) and my friend Wendy lost her Dad. Rob and I intended to head out to the Temple several times throughout the week but did not make it there until Saturday. Doesn't really sound too interesting until I add the fact that it was Grandma's Birthday and neither of us realized it. Rob and I went our separate ways. I wrote (it is customary to write on the Temple) a poem for Wendy's Dad and poured my heart out to Grandma and Grandpa on a pillar near the entrance. It was very emotional and when Rob found me I was sitting on the ground next to the pillar I wrote on crying. He said "you are such a gentle soul" and I cried even harder. The next night the Temple was burned to the ground. The crowd was silent for awhile and then a wave started. But not the usual wave, this was a sound wave. The most spectacular part was the small embers which appears to be floating away from the Temple as it burned. Rob and I looked at each other and said "look at all the messages floating to God". I hope this years Temple has the same or an even better effect!

The picture on my first blog "beautiful" is a shot of the 2007 Temple.

http://basurasagrada.org/

1 comment:

Deb said...

Very cool sister. Thats why we baptize for the dead. So all those messages can reach God and their souls are saved.